Why Spring Is the Perfect Time for Residential Pressure Washing Services
You’ve made your to-do list for this spring, and now all you’re waiting on is warmer weather. But if you haven’t added pressure washing to that list, you’re going to want to make sure you do. As the winter weather draws closer to an end, pressure washing companies begin to book their schedules for the spring season, as spring is the perfect time for pressure washing.
Why You Should Pressure Wash in the Spring
While you could choose to pressure wash your exterior during the fall or summer, spring is the prime time to do so due to several factors.
- Weather: Temperature is a huge factor you must consider when pressure washing your home’s exterior, as you will need to choose a day where the temperature will remain above freezing for a full 24 hours to allow the surfaces to properly dry.
- Removes Winter Buildup: During the winter, grime and dirt begin to accumulate on your exterior surfaces, so scheduling your pressure washing services for the spring is a great time to wash away all of that build up and give your home a refresh. Pressure washing will also remove any mold or algae that may have appeared on your decks and patios throughout the winter season, providing a healthy environment for all.
- Exterior Painting: Late spring and early summer tend to be a popular time for homeowners to schedule their exterior painting services as well. And in order to give your house a fresh coat of paint, it needs clean walls to do so. Scheduling your pressure washing services in spring allows you to get both tasks completed in a timely manner so that you can enjoy your home the rest of the year without having to worry about the hassle of washing or painting.
- Frees up the Summer: Rather than wait until summer to pressure wash the driveway or deck, knock it out now so that you can spend your summer days enjoying that time with your family and friends. Better yet, take advantage of residential pressure washing services and call in a professional to handle the job.
What Should You Pressure Wash
So, just what should you pressure wash? There’s a variety of surfaces a pressure washer can clean, making it look as good as new.
- Roofs: Over time, mold and mildew can build up on top of your roof from all the harsh winter weather. If left untreated, this can pose problems later on.
- Gutters: Regardless of whether you live in a rainy region or not, your gutters will need to be cleaned out when spring arrives. From bugs and leaves to other types of debris, pressure washing your gutters is a must.
- Decks and Patios: When summer arrives, your deck or patio probably becomes a popular place – family BBQs, graduation parties, date nights, the list goes on and on. But nobody wants to hang out on a grimy deck or patio, so pressure wash the filth away and enjoy the warmer weather with a fresh, clean hangout area.
- Driveway: If you live in an area that does have harsh winter weather conditions, you probably have had to bring out the salt to cover your driveway. With a good pressure washing, you can remove any salt residue that may be left.
- Exterior Siding: It’s no surprise the exterior walls of the house are the most common pressure washing service. Not only will pressure washing remove dirt and grime, it will also remove any mold and mildew, which is not only an eyesore, but could cause health problems for your family if left unattended. The springtime also tends to be a popular time for potential buyers to house shop, so if you plan on listing your house soon, a pressure washing will boost your curb appeal.
DIY or Professional Services
Have a pressure washer yourself? Great! You can tackle all of the washing yourself; just make sure to do so carefully, as washing your surfaces incorrectly could actually cause damage. If you don’t own a pressure washer, have no fear – there’s always time to purchase one. Or if you simply don’t have the time or don’t feel like you have the experience for the specific surface you’re wanting to clean, the experts at TRICO PAINTING are always here and ready to help! Looking for pressure washing companies near you? Look no further. Contact us today to schedule your pressure washing services.